Founded by the 2020-2021 Queen’s English Department Student Council, Quilt aims to feature the best and most thought provoking academic and creative work that the school has to offer. With a passion for studying literature both academically and creatively, Daniel Green, Larissa Zhong, and Kelsey Watt were keen on creating a space where the intersection between formality and imagination could exist.
Quilt, the publication’s title, is derived from our aim to interweave student voices at Queen’s University and reconcile the divide between scholarly and creative work. We strive to create a new opportunity for students to see their hard work published and read, and in turn elevate the prestige of Queen’s English. Quilt is an opportunity for students to share work that they are proud of.
Runs social media engagement, public relations, publishing platforms, and forms and submissions.
Dedicated to aesthetic choices and virtual assembly of the issue, including page layouts, typography, and illustrations.
Selects the submissions to be published based on the literary quality of the work and its alignment with the thematic objectives of the issue.
– Help create illustrations for Quilt’s annual issue and any/all other publication projects
– Help create graphics for the Quilt Instagram, as well as any other social media/marketing projects
– Help design and format the layout for Quilt’s annual issue and any/all other publication projects
– Attend Quilt’s events to film and take photographs
– Attend some general meetings to get shots of the team in action
– Take headshots of the new hires
– Work with the design and social media crew with obtaining/editing/uploading/resizing images